Importing Records from ENDNOTE
First, export your database from Endnote:
Next, convert the records to Citation format:
- Start Endnote, and open your Endnote library database.
- Click File, Output styles, Open Style Manager, and click the checkbox to select the Endnote Export format.
- Click File, Output styles, and set the Style to Endnote Export.
- Click File, Export. Endnote will display the name of the file which will contain the exported records, and the folder
in which the text file is located.
- Click File, Import Data. The Convert to Database dialog will display.
- Select Endnote as the Input File format.
- Enter the text file with the records you have exported from Endnote, and then
enter a name for the Citation datafile to be created. We suggest you add the
.cit extention to your datafile. For example:
- Click Convert to create a new Citation datafile with your Endnote recordes.
- When the conversion process is complete, start Citation and open the new datafile.
Note: Many of your records will be converted to the Full Record form. You can change the
forms by using the Change Form