Each time you want to include information on another bibliographic
resource, you will need add a record to your datafile.
To add a bibliographic record
- With your datafile open, click Edit, Add Record.
- Citation will display the
Select Form dialog.
- Choose the appropriate data entry form
for the source work from the list box. A blank form will display.
- Complete the form.
- Consult the Guidelines for Entering Bibliographic Information to make certain
you are entering the bibliographic information correctly.
If you want to insert a record into your datafile before the current record,
click Insert Record
Sample Citation records for common types of research source materials
Browse the Complete StyleGuide for Sample Records
To add a Note record
- With your datafile open, click the Add Note button on the main Edit panel.
Alternatively, you can click
Edit, Add Note on the Citation menu.
Citation will add a Note form to your datafile, immediately after the current record.
- Citation includes a link to the bibliographic record for the note in the first field
of the Note record.
- Replace the PG in the first field with a specific page reference.
- Enter your own remarks in the Comments field, and any direct quotes in the Excerpt field.
For more help working with notes, see the
Notes Help Topic.